The Hamilton Tool Library is pleased to offer our event rentals department. Unlike our other libraries, this is a pay-per-use section, but at prices that are better than you'll find anywhere else. If the item(s) you are looking for are checked out, or if we do not have the item(s) you are looking for, please call us at 289-489-6498--we may have more options for you.
These items are available for pick up and drop off from our partners at Evergreen located at 294 James Street North 7 days a week between the hours of 10am and 6pm .
Use the form below to book your items online. You may also come to the tool library in person to reserve items. Please do not use Facebook, etc. to book. We are unable to manage those requests.
To book items online:
- Choose the date range you would like to borrow the items for in the drop down menus or in the calendar.
- Browse the categories of items below (e.g. "Canopy", "Cinema", etc.)
- Click "Book Now" to book for your selected dates, click "Details" to see more information about the item, or click "Availability" to see when the item is available.
- After clicking "Book Now", confirm the start and end date and time and click Continue.
- If you have a promo code, you can enter this int he promo code box on the bottom left hand side of the screen.
- Enter your personal information and click Continue.
- Log in to your PayPal account or click "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" to enter your credit card details. Debit payments are not accepted at this time.
A nonrefundable 50% deposit will be taken when you book your item(s). The balance of your payment, applicable taxes, and a security deposit will be due when you pick up your items. Late items are charged a full days rental for each day the item is late. Items that are brought back dirty are subject to a $20 cleaning fee.
Note: Hamilton Neighbourhood Action Strategy bookings must be made by a Community Developer.
Note: All proceeds from event rentals support Hamilton's Neighbourhood Action Strategy and Hamilton Tool Library Programs.
We have consumables available for purchase with some of our event rental items including:
- Popcorn & Butter flavoured oil
- Cotton Candy sugar and paper cones
- Snow cone Syrups
Need Help With Transportation? Tool Library Members Get Cargo Van Rentals for $35/Day
Thanks to our friends at Enterprise, HTL members and volunteers can rent a cargo van for only $35/day, with unlimited kilometres! …This means your tool library membership nearly pays for itself if you rent just once.
With this deal you also get discounts on car, truck or cube van rentals. Ask us at the front desk for details.